Local Advisory Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse (LACADA)
LACADA is a group of concerned citizens and professionals who provide input on policy and program needs. Members also identify priorities in Somerset County for the comprehensive treatment, education, and promotion of public awareness of alcohol and drug abuse.
- Provide input on development, funding, and provision of alcohol and drug abuse services.
- Serve as the coordinating body in the development of a plan embracing all areas of alcoholism and drug abuse service delivery for the County.
- Provide a forum to foster communication, education, and information concerning alcoholism and drug abuse.
- Identify needs in the alcoholism and drug abuse service delivery system utilizing recommendations of the providers advisory group, to insure that targeted populations receive quality services in the most cost effective manner.
- Assist in developing a comprehensive plan for alcoholism and drug abuse services for the county.
- Recommend alcoholism and drug abuse service priorities.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend proposals for the establishment of alcoholism and drug education, prevention, and treatment service programs.
- Recommend the amount of Federal and State Funds to be allocated for alcoholism and drug abuse services.
- Recommend policies and funding allocations for Municipal Alliance Committees to help prevent alcoholism and drug abuse.