Clerk to the Freeholder Board
- Schedules Public Meetings
- Prepares Agendas
- Records Votes and Processes Resolutions and Ordinances
- Advertises Public Meetings in Accordance with Open Public Meetings Law
- Acts as a Custodian of the County Seal and Affixing it to Appropriate Documents
County government serves as the middle layer of government between the federal and state governments and the municipalities. Passaic County is governed by a seven-member Board of Chosen Freeholders. Each Freeholder is elected at large for a three-year term. The board is headed by a freeholder-director, who is selected for a one-year term at the board's annual reorganization meeting (at the first meeting of the year in January). Under Passaic County's commission form of government, freeholders discharge both executive and legislative responsibilities.
- 6:00 p.m. (conference meetings at 5:30 p.m.)
- Second and fourth Tuesday of each month (July and August, meetings are on the 3rd Tuesday only)
- Freeholder Meeting Room
Passaic County Administration Building
401 Grand St.
Paterson, NJ 07505