HomePrint FriendlyEmail Page

Go To Search
Click to Home
About the CountyDepartmentsNew ResidentsOur MunicipalitiesOfficialsHow Do I...?
Veterans Peddler's License

A Veteran Peddlers License is issued by the County Clerk's office in the county where the Veteran currently resides. The license allows the holder to hawk or sell goods or merchandise within the State of New Jersey without the need to apply for any additional peddler's license.

What you must do

  • All applicants must appear in person at the Clerk’s Office.

What you must bring

  • Original DD-214 (or other discharge papers proving honorable separation from military service);
  • Two duplicate 2" x 3" color photos of the veteran are needed; you may bring your own photos if you have them, or you may have them taken free of charge at the County Clerk's Office;
  • Proof of a Passaic County address (the applicant must have resided within the state for at least six months and in the county at least three months immediately preceding his/her application for license).

What the application process is

  • The Veteran's DD-214 will be recorded in our office; the original with new recording information will be returned to the Veteran at the time of his/her visit, and a copy of the discharge will be sent to Trenton for verification of service. (Note: The applicant will receive a letter from the County Clerk's office within 3-4 weeks only if Trenton reports there was a problem in the verification process.)
  • Once Clerk staff receive a verification of honorable discharge, applicant may pick up their license once they are notified. 

What it will cost

    • There is no charge for this service.